Moving to Adelaide from the UK often means you have a continuing obligation to prepare and submit UK tax returns – for example, if you have a property in the UK that is being let after you move to Australia.

The same requirement arises if you return to live in Adelaide after working overseas, and have kept a property in the UK that is being let.

UK tax returns have to be prepared and submitted within strict deadlines, otherwise late filing penalties will be charged by HM Revenue.

GM Tax offers the following services to individuals who are moving to Adelaide:

  • Tax planning advice, with a regard had to your visa status in Australia if you are not an Australian citizen
  • Help with preparing UK and Australian Tax returns (including advice on tax deductions to reduce your tax liability), with all returns submitted to HM Revenue and the Australian Taxation Office electronically
  • Preparation of accounts for taxpayers who are operating their own businesses
  • Assistance to ensure income is properly taxed and not taxed twice. This includes guidance relating to non-UK residents receiving UK rental income, non-UK residents receiving pension income from the UK, and Tax File Number registration in Australia
  • Guidance on the use of superannuation in Australia as a means of securing improved after tax income, including the use of Self Managed Superannuation Funds

GM Tax provides a fixed fee quote whenever possible to all who are interested in engaging our services.

If you are moving to Adelaide or are already living in Adelaide – and would like a free no obligation fee proposal from a firm of tax advisors that understands the tax and financial issues affecting people arriving in Australia more than any other please complete the enquiry form on this page, or please telephone us on 08 8423 4485 (from outside Australia: +61 8 8423 4485).

We’ll be delighted to have a free initial discussion with you, after which we can send a no obligation fixed fee proposal to you.