Has your business been affected by the recent snap lockdowns announced in QLD?
If so, please see below for the support tax free measures available to you and your business should you be eligible:
2021 COVID-19 Small Business Support Grants
25 August 2021
8 September 2021
When sufficient applications are received for competitive assessment
between $10,000 and $30,000
2 August 2021
16 August 2021
16 November 2021
2021 COVID-19 Business Support Grants – non-employing sole traders
30 November 2021
up to $15,000
15 July 2021
30 July 2021
Business Basics Grants Program (Round 1)
17 May 2021
31 May 2021
up to $50,000
1 May 2021
11 May 2021
Stage 1 (Mentoring Sessions): Closed
Stage 2 (Applications): 5pm on 16 August 2021*
Queensland Tourism and Hospitality Business package
The QLD Government announced on 10 August 2021 a $47.75 million Tourism and Hospitality Sector COVID-19 Lockdown Support Package for business. This delivers a range of measures including:
- An extension of the eligibility for the $5,000 COVID-19 Business Grants (see above) to include large tourism and hospitality businesses outside of South East Queensland (in response to the recent Cairns and Yarrabah lockdown).
- A six-month deferral of payroll tax payments for eligible tourism and hospitality businesses impacted by the current lockdowns.
- Waiving, refunding or deferring a range of fees for eligible tourism and hospitality businesses (e.g., 12-month fee waivers for certain park and recreation area tourism businesses.)
- A 12-month deferral of state lease fees for eligible tourism operators and waivers or refunds of inbound tour operator fees.
- A second round of the COVID-19 Marine Tourism Rebate to offset berthing fees for marine tourism vessels.
- Extensive liquor licensing waivers and refunds.
- A $20 million Queensland COVID-19 Cleaning Rebate to aid eligible businesses and not-for-profit entities affected by possible exposure to a COVID-19 case.
For further information please visit: https://www.business.qld.gov.au/starting-business/advice-support/grants/finding
If you would like assistance please complete our online enquiry via our contact us button or by calling a GM Tax office closest to you.