Welcome to GM Tax
GM Tax are a firm of registered tax agents with offices in both the UK and Australia.
Our valued clients are supported by an experienced global team of qualified professionals providing a wide range of tax and accountancy services such as UK tax returns and UK tax planning, UK business registration and establishment, Australian tax returns, Australian tax planning and Australian business registration and establishment.
We can assist with a wide variety of tax and accounting issues including:
- Preparation and electronic submission of UK and Australian tax returns, including advice on maximising your tax deductions to reduce the tax that you pay.
- Preparation of Financial Statements and Tax Returns for Australian Businesses and Self Managed Superannuation Funds ongoing compliance relating to the same, such as the preparation of Trust Minutes.
- Preparation of Financial Statements and Tax Returns for UK Businesses and electronic submissions to HMRC & Companies Houses.
- Relocating to the UK for work purposes, understanding your UK & Australian residency position along with your reporting and filing obligations.
- Moving to Australia, understanding your UK & Australian residency position and the UK & Australian tax implications of your assets such as Property, ISA’s, Pension Funds, Savings and Share Portfolio’s.
- UK & Australian Residency advice with consideration given to the double taxation Tax Treaty between Australia and the UK to ensure that you do not pay tax twice (double taxation).
- The impact of ceasing to be an Australian Tax Resident in relation to income and capital gains tax (deemed disposal of assets).
- The impact of ceasing to be a UK Tax Resident in relation to income and capital gains tax (split year treatment eligibility).
- Tax planning and structuring advice of UK & Australian investments, pensions, superannuation in the UK and Australia.
- Advising the taxation implications of selling a property as a non-resident, Capital gains tax planning in the UK and Australia when disposing of an asset as a non-resident and the relief’s available to you.(Non-resident capital gains tax returns (NRCGT), variation application to vary the withholding tax).
- Estate & Inheritance Tax planning with consideration to your tax domicile, review of wills and financial planning advice to ensure they are tax efficient.
- Doing Business in the UK & Australia. Providing advice on business structures and setting up businesses in Australia and the UK, including establishing family trusts in Australia, incorporating a limited/subsidiary company in Australia or in the UK, branch registrations and registering the business with the ATO and ASIC.
- Establishment of Payroll & GST reporting for offshore UK Businesses.
- Establishment of Payroll & VAT reporting for offshore Australia Businesses.
- Extraction of income from a UK Company, Strike off and Winding up a business tax efficiently when you cease to be a UK Tax Resident and perform services in Australia.
- Drawing your UK Pension Benefits, Income Tax and structuring advice to reduce the UK & Australian income tax your pay along with the tax implications of transferring UK pension benefits to an Australian superannuation fund or UK Fund.
- Establishment of Self Managed Superannuation Fund.