Arriving in the UK

Moving to the UK – whether you are a new arrival or are returning after a period of working overseas – is almost certainly going to mean that you will need to deal with HM Revenue & Customs.

This will require the new completion of forms, and a possible need to enrol in the UK’s Self Assessment system with the completion of UK tax returns each year, for submission before strict filing deadlines.

GM Tax offers the following services to those who are moving to the UK:

  • Tax planning advice, with a regard always had to your residency status in the UK
  • Preparation of UK tax returns, with all returns submitted to HM Revenue electronically
  • Preparation of accounts and tax returns for taxpayers who are operating their own businesses, including limited companies and partnerships
  • Assistance to ensure income is properly taxed and is not taxed twice, or double taxed. This last point is particularly relevant to those who have income or capital gains from an overseas jurisdiction which also has a claim to tax on this income or capital gain.

GM Tax has a policy of providing a fixed fee quote whenever possible to all who are interested in engaging our services.

If you are moving to the UK – or are already living in the UK – and would like a no obligation fee proposal from a firm of tax advisors that understands the issues affecting new arrivals in the UK please don’t hesitate to contact us by completing the enquiry form on this webpage or telephoning the GM Tax office that is closest to you.

We’ll be delighted to have a free initial discussion.