Moving to Australia on a permanent or temporary basis means you will be dealing with a new tax system.
This means new forms, an Australian tax return to be completed each year with a filing deadline to be met, and possibly the need to consider the interaction of tax systems in more than one country.
Also, your visa status can have a significant impact on how you are taxed in Australia on income and capital gains arising outside Australia.
GM Tax offers the following services to individuals who are moving to Australia:
- Tax planning advice, with a regard always had to your visa status in Australia
- Preparation of UK and Australian Tax returns (including advice on tax deductions to mitigate the tax liability), with all returns submitted to HM Revenue and the Australian Taxation Office electronically
- Preparation of accounts for taxpayers who are operating their own businesses
- Assistance to ensure income is properly taxed and not taxed twice. This includes guidance relating to non-UK residents receiving UK rental income, non-UK residents receiving pension income from the UK, and Tax File Number registration in Australia
- Guidance on the use of superannuation in Australia as a means of securing improved after tax income, including the use of Self Managed Superannuation Funds
GM Tax has a policy of providing a fixed fee quote whenever possible to all who are interested in engaging our services.
If you are moving to Australia – or are already living in Australia – and would like a no obligation fee proposal from a firm of tax advisors that understands the issues affecting new arrivals in Australia please don’t hesitate to contact us by completing the enquiry form on this webpage or telephoning the GM Tax office that is closest to you.
We’ll be delighted to have a free initial discussion.